Consumer software nowadays needs to be versatile, simple to use and packed with features to suit consumers’ increasingly exacting demands. Video-editing software developers, in particular, try their utmost to satisfy users, as video editing grows in popularity and people of all age groups are starting to familiarize themselves with what it takes to create fun, sophisticated clips that can be enjoyed and treasured forever. Discover the probably best video editor available on market – Cyberlink “PowerDirector 13“. There is a free trial version, so you can check it before buying – we have great discounts for you – CLICK HERE.
Basic video editing consists of importing, personalizing and exporting video footage, and video-editing software is any application that handles the post-production film strip editing processes on a computer. State-of-the-art video editors include advanced features such as refined colour correction, interpolated frames, time-lapse and slow motion capability, high-resolution compatibility and multiple key frame animation, animated drawing tools and numerous templates, among others.
Your choice of video editing software will obviously depend on the type of project you’re working towards and the level of expertise you have in the field. Most people who are self-taught enthusiasts or novices will find that the video editing tools on the market are advanced, but accessible. Some essential features you should look for in selecting the best video editor are listed below, but bear in mind that although they are quite a few, they are not necessarily comprehensive and their suitability is a matter of context.
- If you’re working with large quantities of footage, your software should support the use of several cameras on the same interface, so that it displays different angles of a scene for you to compare, correct, join, etc. and it allows you to sync clips based on similar sound patterns.
- The best software on the market will allow you to not only sequence your clips smoothly, but also to enhance your camerawork. They create animated video slide shows of film strips with diverse transition and animation options that react to your customised inserts – such as background music – unfolding as they progress. Smart functions such as the ones you’d get with content aware tools, like intuitive auto-fill or selection of best clips based on camerawork, content and lighting analysis, or more recently speech detection, are a plus.
- It should come with dual screen mode so that you can toggle between monitors, for speed and flexibility. This extends your workspace and offers you simultaneous preview.
- It offers pre-installed video effects like magnification, toggle between different focus areas, adding lens flare that seems natural, realistic water reflective effects, adding timestamps along the way, etc.
- The software rendering speed should be consistent with your CPU capabilities, so if you have a powerful processor, don’t hesitate to look for software that is intrinsically fast. Some come with speed enhancements that can help you produce large video in a flash.
- It should support several file formats so that you can import a variety of files without having to convert, like for instance presentation files or .gif extensions, etc. Your choice of export options including aspect ratio, resolution and format will depend on the way to wish to present the project, and will probably have to accommodate diverse audiences, locations and auxiliary equipment, which is why the more production and export options you have, the better. Exporting an HD film on DVD, for instance, requires high-resolution, whereas web videos aren’t that fussy and all you need is a convenient format for easy upload, such as an MP4.
- A high-calibre application should allow you to add and edit subtitles, but keep in mind that most users prefer stand-alone subtitling apps.
- This video editor is compatible with top-of-the-line film capturing equipment, from personal DSLR cameras to cinema cameras and renders high quality 3D and 4K footage at high velocity for editing and production of crisp and life-like video.
- It is user-friendly so that you can intuitively find your way around the different features, without having to read too many instructions. Of course, software aimed at professional video editors is the exception.
- Free storage space on the developer’s Cloud is of paramount importance if you want to download and upload projects at leisure, and also back up your settings.
- A web version that you can access from most browsers means that you can share the audio clips with anyone, so a video editor that comes with browser compatibility is the perfect versatile tool for people on the move.
- If the software package includes free trials, flexible subscription plans, access to future versions and releases during and after your subscription, service support and the web developers offers tutorials, you know you have a winner.
In essence, the best video-editing software that is powerful, offering advanced features at consumer pricing, high-resolution and multiple angle editing, clutter free and user-friendly, with loads of templates, animations and effects. It should have adequate rendering speeds and diverse output and export options, with suitable system requirements and browser compatibility. All these features are served by Cyberlink PowerDirector 13 – download the free trial and check the special offer.
Cyberlink is an Asian multimedia software vendor with Headquarters in Taipei and branch offices on all continents. It provides video editors, video players with DVD and Blu-ray support, video converters, authoring software, burning software and photo editing software.